I am getting very excited about my new book that I have been working on all summer. In the next few weeks I will be announcing the name and let you get a peek at the cover. Until then I wanted to share an excerpt from the book. I would love to hear your thoughts…just hit reply. Thank you so much!
Everything You Need–You Already Have!
“I want you to get excited about who you are, what you are, what you have, and what can still be for you. I want to inspire you to see that you can go far beyond where you are right now.”
– Virginia Satir
I remember that my grandmother Selma had high standards for herself and others, and believed in me more than I believed in myself. One day in a conversation, when I must have been particularity down on myself, she said to me: “I can’t be the only one who believes in you. You have to do your part, too!”
This was my first introduction into knowing that I had the ability to affect the outcome of my life, and I could do it by changing my thinking and my attitude. I knew it was not about wishing things were different, but that no matter what came my way, and a lot did, I had what I needed inside me to navigate life—and so do you!
I have the ability to affect the outcome of my life.
- Make a list of your positive qualities.
- Choose one or two and begin to incorporate them into your life on a regular basis.
- Which of these qualities will help you move from negative thinking to positive thinking?
Based on my new perspective:
- What nugget of inspiration will I carry into my day?
- What is one thing I am committed to changing?
- What are the action steps I will take to make the change?